HISD is on Spring Break! Hopefully is everyone is enjoying the time off! But if you are a high school senior graduating this May, we hope you are sending off those scholarship applications due in a few short weeks. We have rounded up some scholarship opportunities with approaching deadlines. Take advantage of the opportunities, spend the time on filling the applications out now and be debt-free later! Trust us!
2. Be a first generation college student
3. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
4. Be graduating from a Texas high school in 2014
5. Be accepted into an accredited 4 year college /university
6. Plan to enroll full time
7. Provide two letters of recommendation from counselor/ faculty member
8. Demonstrate financial need after the financial aid award package has been completed
9. Submit a copy of your official high school transcript
10. Write a 750-1,000 word essay describing what diversity means to you
11. Complete application and mail to listed address by Friday, April 11, 2014
Bounce Energy is offering the Bounce Energy “BE More” $2,500 Scholarship to 3 qualified students. The $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to 3 students from the states that we serve – Texas, Pennsylvania, and New York. Each applicant must submit the required application online, which includes a short essay of up to 500 words.
Applicants for the scholarship must meet each of the following requirements:
- Must be a current senior high school student or college student under 24 years of age
- Achieve a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submit copy of transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Be a resident of or going to college in these states: Texas, New York, or Pennsylvania
- Submit your application online by March 31, 2014 .
- Write 500-word essay responding to: “Bounce Energy considers itself to be more than just an electricity company. Going beyond just competitive electricity rates, we also offer customer rewards, community charity support opportunities, and other convenient products and services. Bounce Energy wants to know: how do you consider yourself to be more than just a student?”
Application winners will be announced by April 25, 2014 . The winning students will receive a phone call, email, and letter announcing the official decision. The school listed on the application will also receive notification of the scholarship winners. Bounce Energy will confirm the school the scholarship check should be made out to with the winning students prior to mailing. The check will be mailed to the winning students by May 2, 2014.
Applications deadline for online submission or postmarked by April 4, 2014, Midnight (CST). Both digital and mailed applications will be accepted, and will be judged based on student essays detailing creative solutions to litter problems.
The 2014 Don’t mess with Texas® Scholarship, sponsored by Forestar and in partnership with Keep Texas Beautiful, recognizes the achievements of high school seniors who have taken leadership roles to prevent litter in their schools and/or communities. Any high school senior planning to attend an accredited Texas college or university next year and currently attending public, private, or home school may apply. One $3,000 scholarship and two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded this spring to students planning to pursue a two- or four-year degree at an accredited university or college in Texas.
You can submit your application in one of two ways:
- Submit your application using the online form below. You may either paste your essay of 300 to 350 words in the form field or upload it. You also have the option to upload up to three supporting files that show the impact of your effort. Each file may be up to 3MB in size.
- Download the PDF application (PDF, 2.7MB) and submit your application and essay via postal mail to the address on the application. You may submit a handwritten or typed document. You may also provide up to three additional documents that support your essay and show the impact of your effort.
2014 Don’t mess with Texas Scholarship Application (PDF, 2.7MB) You will need Adobe Reader to view this file.
Only applications that are fully completed will be accepted. Winners may be asked to participate in a brief video describing their litter prevention project.
For more information or questions, please contact Scholarships@dontmesswithtexas.org or call 1-800-CLEAN-TX.
Each scholarship has a different application period. Follow each link to read more on each scholarship.
Current GHCF Administered Scholarships: