- UsingEnglish.com: Here you will find an incredible collection of tools and resources for learning and teaching English as a Second Language, including a grammar glossary, printables, and teacher handouts.
- ManyThings: On this website, there are quizzes, word games, word puzzles, proverbs, slang expressions, anagrams, a random-sentence generator and other computer assisted language learning activities. Even though the primary focus is for ESL, native English speakers may also find some interesting things on this site.
- LanguageGuide.org is geared toward helping language learners acquire the vocabulary of the physical world using an image based guide which contains up to 2,435 words (Examples: Reptiles & Amphibians, Winter Clothing). Due to it’s visual nature, the guide can be used worldwide, regardless of the student’s language. The English and French guides also include complementary pages with more than a thousand expressions, verbs, and additional nouns. The site is designed to give users a major boost in their vocabulary acquisition.
- BrainPopESL.com Students learn listening, speaking, reading, & writing with animated movies and interactive features and teachers get to download resources that go along with the website’s curriculum.
- Culturally Authentic Pictorial Lexicon: Check out this lexicon that offers images demonstrating the true meaning of the word, making it easier for English language learners to understand.
By: Catalina Caicedo Garzón