HISD is celebrating Black History Month. Encourage your English Language Learner students to recognize and remember people and events that shaped the story of African Americans.
- Read and listen how America observes Black History Month.
- Encourage students to see this popular movie with teen appeal. Freedom Writers Bracewell Neighborhood Library, Sat. Feb. 4, 2017 at 1:00 p.m.
- Invite them to visit the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum is the only museum in the U.S. dedicated primarily to preserving the legacy and honor of African-American soldiers. Admission is free from 1 to 5 p.m. on Thursdays
- Take a look at this educational list of videos about Black History Month
- African American Registry: The largest African American history website in the world, with links to information on famous African Americans, historical events and special searches such as, “What happened on your birthday?”