1. Attend to one of the trainings the Multilingual Department is providing.
• Next available dates: Feb/1, Feb/28 and Mar/1
• Register via OneSource: COURSE 88009
2. Take advantage of this learning opportunity: The Multilingual Compliance division offers a comprehensive coverage of the teacher competencies tested. Participants learn about language acquisition theories, second language teaching methodologies, English language development strategies and assessing English language learners.
3. Enjoy and use free resources: Participating teachers receive coaching from Dr. Patricia Morales and are provided a Content Review and Practice Book for the Texas Educator Certification Program – 154 English as a Second Language (ESL) Supplemental. With this study and practice book, teachers are able to study the domains and competencies for the 154 English as a Second Language Supplemental Test efficiently. This workbook includes research-based content materials, resources to review and study the ten (10) competencies included on the test, helpful links to related literature, terminologies, and practice multiple-choice questions to review as part of the teachers’ preparation for taking the test. The practice questions are developed based on the test framework, which is aligned to the corresponding test competencies.
4. TExES? The TExES tests are criterion-referenced examinations designed to measure a candidate’s knowledge in relation to an established criterion rather than to the performance of other candidates. All of the tests in the TExES program contain multiple-choice/selected-response questions. Some tests also have additional types of constructed-response questions like open-ended written or oral responses.